Cheer of the Day!

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

Feltwell

Re: Cheer of the Day!

Post by Feltwell » Fri 27th Dec, 2019 7:50 am

paulc wrote:
Thu 26th Dec, 2019 10:34 pm
A couple of days off from work, and I've been busy knocking plaster off walls & ceiling. Although, to be honest, much of it fell off just by looking at it.
See - a PP job that almost does itself, if that's not worthy of a cheer then I don't know what is :wink:

MatthewC

Post by MatthewC » Mon 30th Dec, 2019 3:36 pm

Feltwell wrote:
Fri 27th Dec, 2019 7:50 am
paulc wrote:
Thu 26th Dec, 2019 10:34 pm
A couple of days off from work, and I've been busy knocking plaster off walls & ceiling. Although, to be honest, much of it fell off just by looking at it.
See - a PP job that almost does itself, if that's not worthy of a cheer then I don't know what is :wink:
As I recall doing that job, you'd be hard pushed to say anything at all after all that dust! :shock:

a twig

Post by a twig » Tue 31st Dec, 2019 9:40 pm

Happy New Year, may all your damp problems be easily remedied, your COs be understanding and your scars from lime burns heal quickly :)

Feltwell

Post by Feltwell » Wed 25th Mar, 2020 8:03 pm

Coronavirus cheer of the day...

Lovely sunny day, thoroughly bored of work, so a distraction was required. After only a mere 90 minutes of prodding at the lawn with a fork I *finally* located where the ground socket for the rotary clothes line was :roll:

Note to self - put a bit of wood in it next autumn when you take the clothes line down, so you can then spend the winter repeatedly tripping over it, but at least you won't lose the damn thing under the grass.... :lol:

Flyfisher

Post by Flyfisher » Wed 25th Mar, 2020 9:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I can readily relate to that!

I have a bright red plastic plug for ground socket of our clothes line but STILL it manages to get covered over by the grass and completely hidden . . . and that's after mowing the grass every week during the growing season, so it's hardly undergrowth . . . though to be fair, it's not exactly a bowling green either.

I ended up taking a photo on my phone from the ground socket so I can triangulate it's position to the end post of a lean-to wood store and the corner of the house. It's not totally accurate but it narrows the area down so it's rarely more than a 10-15 minute job. :lol:

paulc

Post by paulc » Wed 25th Mar, 2020 11:36 pm

Feltwell wrote:
Wed 25th Mar, 2020 8:03 pm
Coronavirus cheer of the day...
My sleeping partner had a coughing fit during the night and threw up a fur ball - Not a good enough reason to self-isolate apparently, so I'm still having to go in to work.
The beast was her usual self this morning and ate a full bowl of Whiskers & GoCat.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Thu 26th Mar, 2020 8:03 pm

The thing where everyone has to come out of their front door and clap for the emergency services at exactly 8pm, because of the coronavirus... I can't believe it. It actually happened, even in this quiet cul-de-sac.

Flyfisher

Post by Flyfisher » Thu 26th Mar, 2020 10:01 pm

In our village too, and rightly so. I only hope the admiration continues long after covid-19 is forgotten.

Feltwell

Post by Feltwell » Fri 27th Mar, 2020 7:29 am

Indeed. Ironically, I was supposed to be at home right now recovering from an operation on my leg, so I would have been (almost) housebound in any event. The Op was delayed as I caught a cold (any infection is enough for a delay), then rescheduled for 21st April - and of course as non-urgent surgery it has now been, rightly, cancelled.

So when this is all over I can look forward to a brief period out & about before being on crutches & unable to drive for at least 3 months!

That's not really a cheer of the day is it??? :? :lol:

Abi Cott

Post by Abi Cott » Fri 27th Mar, 2020 7:01 pm

I've been put on Furlough which is a huge relief, that definitely counts as a cheer :)

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Fri 27th Mar, 2020 7:24 pm

There are good things happening. I seem to have Laryngitus, which while not listed as a symptom is generally down to a cold or flu virus so I'm doing the self isolate thing as a precaution. The village has a community response group who dropped off my shopping today. It's a good vilage. I volunteered last week but haven't been called upon yet and I suspect I won't be for a week or so.

Feltwell

Post by Feltwell » Fri 27th Mar, 2020 10:12 pm

Abi Cott wrote:
Fri 27th Mar, 2020 7:01 pm
I've been put on Furlough which is a huge relief, that definitely counts as a cheer :)
Good for you!

Feltwell

Post by Feltwell » Fri 27th Mar, 2020 10:12 pm

malcolm wrote:
Fri 27th Mar, 2020 7:24 pm
There are good things happening. I seem to have Laryngitus, which while not listed as a symptom is generally down to a cold or flu virus so I'm doing the self isolate thing as a precaution. The village has a community response group who dropped off my shopping today. It's a good vilage. I volunteered last week but haven't been called upon yet and I suspect I won't be for a week or so.
A little bit of local support makes a huge difference.

Zebra

Post by Zebra » Sat 28th Mar, 2020 11:34 am

malcolm wrote:
Fri 27th Mar, 2020 7:24 pm
I seem to have Laryngitus, which while not listed as a symptom is generally down to a cold or flu virus so I'm doing the self isolate thing as a precaution.
Oh no, that doesn't sound nice. Hope you're not feeling too terrible, and glad to hear you're getting by OK.

malcolm

Post by malcolm » Sat 28th Mar, 2020 5:44 pm

Zebra wrote:
Sat 28th Mar, 2020 11:34 am
Oh no, that doesn't sound nice. Hope you're not feeling too terrible, and glad to hear you're getting by OK.
Thought I would take the precaution as it's very much better than being stoned to death for having a croaky voice in the current climate. I'm feeling much better now. Voice is nearly back and I don't think I've managed to get any of the other symptoms that would have actually called for self isolation other than feeling like a cold might have been on it's way yesterday. I'll give it another day or two by default as I don't need to go anywhere right now.