Access for repairs.

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

Abi Cott

Access for repairs.

Post by Abi Cott » Fri 2nd Oct, 2020 6:17 pm

This isnt about my property, but about another local listed building.

They need to repair the roof which requires scaffolding. The scaffolding will need to be seated 40cm on to the neighbouring property. There is an issue that the neighbour is charging for positioning the scaffold. Which has been agreed, but now the owner of the neighbouring property is threatening to prevent the the scaffold altogether which threatens the repairs.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Feltwell

Re: Access for repairs.

Post by Feltwell » Fri 2nd Oct, 2020 6:28 pm

OK we don't know the full context, but my first thought is what a tight, miserable git! Charging for a neighbour to put scaffolding 40cm onto your property? :roll:

My neighbour asks me every few months if he can put scaffolding on my driveway - I've said yes every time of course, I just wish he'd get on & actually do it! The side of his house and his roof is in a right state.

With a very heavy "It's off the internet therefore it must be true" warning:-

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/righ ... d-act.html

Abi Cott

Re: Access for repairs.

Post by Abi Cott » Sat 3rd Oct, 2020 1:50 am

Feltwell wrote:
Fri 2nd Oct, 2020 6:28 pm
OK we don't know the full context, but my first thought is what a tight, miserable git! Charging for a neighbour to put scaffolding 40cm onto your property? :roll:

My neighbour asks me every few months if he can put scaffolding on my driveway - I've said yes every time of course, I just wish he'd get on & actually do it! The side of his house and his roof is in a right state.

With a very heavy "It's off the internet therefore it must be true" warning:-

http://www.problemneighbours.co.uk/righ ... d-act.html
That's really helpful, thank you. It suggests remedial action is possible if necessary. Hopefully it isn't, but it sounds as though there might be a direction to move in if required.