The 2021 To Do list

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

Feltwell

The 2021 To Do list

Post by Feltwell » Sun 3rd Jan, 2021 8:52 pm

So, what's on everyone's period property to do list this year then?

For myself - since Christmas having ripped out our en-suite bathroom and taken the wall down between it and the family bathroom - high on the list is putting them back together again! Once that is done I shall finish the last area of brickwork restoration outside - 90% of the house has been done over the last 2 years, just need to finish the bathrooms and reposition lots of pipes on the wall outside of them and then I can finish the brickwork.

That's a realistic ambition I think. Be nice to get some more windows restored as well, but realistically that won't all happen this year, it's a slow job.

Intruding possibly into my ambition is an operation on my leg, if it ever happens! 1 year overdue already (Covid....) but as it means being on crutches for at least 3 months I'm not too upset that it's delayed!

Speaking of Covid, I am of course hoping for all of us that that does not intrude on anyone's plans.

Craig89

Re: The 2021 To Do list

Post by Craig89 » Mon 4th Jan, 2021 7:41 am

I'm coming up to 4 years on my project and have been far too ambitious on my year end goals up until now so this year I will be very happy if I can get the lounge, hall stairs, landing and final upstairs bedroom at least plasterboarded, plastered and painted, but my focus is getting the lounge totally finished first and things always take a lot longer than anticipated

RBailey

Re: The 2021 To Do list

Post by RBailey » Mon 4th Jan, 2021 8:45 am

Happy new year to all.

This years to do list is hopefully more decoration focused and less major jobs, although I am sure the decoration jobs will bring up a world of issues, including some dodgy floors upstairs.

One job I have planned for this year which I am looking forward to is making a set of window shutters.
"Father Christmas" kindly bought me a table saw for the job :lol:

Cheers,
Richard B.