Post by Keith Bastian » Tue 10th May, 2005 4:38 pm

the wibo customer service ADDRESS:

WIBO U.K. YORK HOUSE,EMPIRE WAY,WEMBLEY ,MIDDX HA9 0PA
TEL;02087954733/ FAX:02087954648

Angie

Re: WIBO electric heaters

Post by Angie » Tue 28th Jun, 2005 3:19 pm

Hi
I saw your message ew. Wibo heaters, and I wondered if you had found anything out about them as I am also interested in installing them.

I have a brochure for them, but when I requested a price list it was not forthcoming and they said that I have to have a consultant out. Not too keen on that idea and so trying to find out prices etc. by other means.

Many thanks

Angie

Bryan Wall

Re: WIBO electric heaters *LINK*

Post by Bryan Wall » Wed 29th Jun, 2005 1:50 pm

Hello Angie

I have indeed had 2 WIBO heaters installed in my flat. The cost was £2000 in total which I will say is rather expensive really, but the installation is a hell of a lot cheaper (it's free) than having gas central heating and radiators etc installed, or having a new fusebox installed and the wiring replaced in our flat for storage heaters.

The heaters are pretty good - the wireless thermostats being the best bit, but they are not necessarily as efficient as the salesman might make out. In the winter we were playing about £120 a quarter to run the pair (granted it was rather cold) which is probably twice as expensive as gas I reckon, and also more than an equivalent storage heater (but they are better than storage heaters due to more control over the heat output). But then you have to take into account servicing etc which is not really needed with WIBO.

Conclusion is that they are a good quick option if you don't want your house rewiring for storage heaters (wibo just plug into a normal socket) or plumbed for gas. They are fairly expensive to run, but cheap to maintain.

If you do not require a new fusebox or rewiring in your house then it might be worth looking at Dimplex Duoheat storage heaters that run on economy seven at night (unlike wibo). These are around £500 each and it sounds like they are similar to WIBO but also store heat at night:

http://www.dimplex.co.uk/consumer/duoheat.htm

Bryan

Dimplex Duoheat

r.rosney

Post by r.rosney » Thu 30th Mar, 2006 3:47 pm

2.5 00 watt per hour 1418 uk pounds
1.6 k w h 1277
1 k w h 998
this is is after discount
looks like a good piece of kit but pricy
running costs look a bit high

ANNE-MARIE

Post by ANNE-MARIE » Tue 2nd May, 2006 12:34 pm

4 X WIBO ELECTRIC HEATERS FOR SALE WITH THERMOSTAT CONTROLLERS FOR EACH
EXCELLENT CONDITION
WHOLE HOUSE REVAMP FORCES SALE
£1500 FOR ALL FOUR
WILL SELL SEPERATELY

NT

Post by NT » Wed 3rd May, 2006 2:00 am

glad to see youre going for a more sensible heating fuel.

NT