Drain/dampness problem

Topics archived from the Period Property UK discussion forum

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

Middi

Re: Honest bucks?

Post by Middi » Fri 17th Feb, 2006 10:19 pm

Cheer up Evelyn, as the man said is friday evening.

( My keydoard got stuck !! )

Middi

Re: Honest bucks?

Post by Middi » Fri 17th Feb, 2006 10:27 pm

And that bottle of wine which you were supposed to have opened thinks my 'B,s are 'D,s

Charles

Re: Oops...

Post by Charles » Fri 17th Feb, 2006 10:30 pm

If I remember right one small dose of concrete is the 'Get Carter' multistorey!

If my memory isn't on the blink I'm with you on that one.

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Fri 17th Feb, 2006 10:52 pm

I love that building! It looms up behind the Sage and I think it's a work of genius! Which is more than a great deal of the rubbish which has been put up on much of the Quayside in the name of 'regeneration'. One or two magnificent things, mostly dross. Dreadful. They look dated already, so third rate.

It's taken me years to appreciate the car park I have to admit...

Charles

Post by Charles » Fri 17th Feb, 2006 11:03 pm

What gets me is it's such a wasted space.
I had the good fortune to to go up to the top about 10 years ago. Stunning views.
And to think they built it just so Alf Roberts (to be) could get thrown to his death!

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Fri 17th Feb, 2006 11:52 pm

What gets me is that it's to be demolished - for another bl**dy Tesco - and a car park!

The new Tesco in Hexham I visited yesterday for the first time. It's in a building which has been 'refurbished' not a total new build. The previous business there had made a decent job of the car park, which was all upgraded not so long ago. It had paviours and little islands with trees which blossomed in spring. It is in the Conservation Area.

Tesco has tarmaced the lot. If you want to prune a tree in Hexham you have to seek permission from the council. I can't recall seeing any public ads about the tree removal at Tesco.

Evelyn

Re:Out of interest

Post by Evelyn » Sat 18th Feb, 2006 2:52 pm

So Norwayman - how do you think that if all the conservation groups combined that would be any better or it would have any more effect on the protection of the historic environment?

Are you suggesting that as things stand conservation groups and amenity societies work against the protection of the historic environment?

Vague accusations are all very well - but some specifics would be useful.

Martin Spearman

Post by Martin Spearman » Sat 18th Feb, 2006 4:12 pm

“It's clear Patrick's presence on this site has a fair bit more to do with trolling than with damp. That's why he's so keen to get people to contact him off site”.

Followed shortly afterwards, in your latest post on this thread by:

“Vague accusations are all very well - but some specifics would be useful”.

The preceeding two comments were taken from posts within this thread that were provided by yourself. It’s obviously a case of do as I say, not as I do. Do you understand the concept of hypocrisy?

Martin Spearman

Moo

Post by Moo » Sat 18th Feb, 2006 5:52 pm

Oh, Martin, please don't keep this miserable thread going any longer. It's a tedious little squabble, and after a while the grown-ups get bored with putting the rattles back in the pram.
I do wish that everybody would say sorry and start playing nicely again.

Evelyn

Post by Evelyn » Sat 18th Feb, 2006 6:29 pm

Oh I do undersatnd it Martin I do. But as that first comment involves other people too I cannot answer without bringing them into it. So possibly you may not be as aware as you think of a great deal.

Which has of course nothing at all to do with the subject of conservation organisations and amenity societies and how merging them may have some beneficial effect on the historic environment. It is useful to know what perceptions people have of their role.

Evelyn

Re:Moo

Post by Evelyn » Sat 18th Feb, 2006 6:34 pm

I'm sorry you posted that. It showed a lack of understanding of a great deal.

Evelyn

Re:Hypocrisy?

Post by Evelyn » Sat 18th Feb, 2006 6:54 pm

On 12 2 2006 Biff Vernon posted at 19. 50 . 34:

'Just thought I ought to say I made an honest attempt to try to bring peace and harmony to this corner of the virtual world last night and today. After an exchange of off-site e-mails with Patrick and others, which looked promising at first, I am now convinced that the guy is a complete troll. He may start abusing me now, or if not I will certainly assume that any abuse apparently directed at Evelyn is actually meant for me...'

Moo

Post by Moo » Sun 19th Feb, 2006 9:47 am

Right.
Well.
That's put me firmly in my place.
I should have known better.
Sorry, Miss.
I promise I won't interrupt the grown-ups ever again, but will just continue to listen and learn.

May I come out of the corner now?

nobby

Post by nobby » Sun 19th Feb, 2006 1:43 pm

Moo - this is not a case of throwing toys out of the pram. Patrick and his type threaten the existence of this site - is that what you want?

Evelyn

Re:Nobby!

Post by Evelyn » Sun 19th Feb, 2006 1:57 pm

I draw to people's attention that I am not Nobby or nobby! Despite the similar (over?) use of dashes!

And I have no idea who either or any of the Nobby's are - But thank you Nobby and some of nobby for speaking up for what's right.