Flagstones on earth floor! Why not?

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

worms

Re: Flagstones on earth floor! Why not?

Post by worms » Sun 28th Nov, 2021 8:19 am

Cubist, it may be that a site called "British Bird Control" has a Hitchcockian interest in scaring people about Birds. It also seems a very odd choice of pathogens to list. There are some much more common risks associated with sharing air space with our avian friends (pigeon-fanciers lung, anyone?), but most are of only passing concern or mild discomfort, except for those people unfortunate enough to be in the vulnerable category. As always, common hygiene sense goes a long way and that would include wearing a mask when engaged in any activity which stirs up dust.

antoinette

Post by antoinette » Sun 28th Nov, 2021 8:10 pm

[/quote]

Not wishing to alarm you but perhaps you should check out this link.

[/quote]

ha, one way or another this barn is trying to kill me. I'm going to have to work in a hazmat suit aren't I? :-)

antoinette

Post by antoinette » Sun 28th Nov, 2021 8:14 pm

worms wrote:
Sun 28th Nov, 2021 8:19 am
Cubist, it may be that a site called "British Bird Control" has a Hitchcockian interest in scaring people about Birds. It also seems a very odd choice of pathogens to list. There are some much more common risks associated with sharing air space with our avian friends (pigeon-fanciers lung, anyone?), but most are of only passing concern or mild discomfort, except for those people unfortunate enough to be in the vulnerable category. As always, common hygiene sense goes a long way and that would include wearing a mask when engaged in any activity which stirs up dust.
After the last 2 years I've got pretty good at the hand washing and mask wearing so this I think I can get on board with.