Structural Engineer (Drainage / Groundworks) Recommendation

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

Post Reply
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu 26th Nov, 2020 5:23 pm

Structural Engineer (Drainage / Groundworks) Recommendation

Post by 1895BrickConversion » Thu 13th May, 2021 6:37 pm

Per the subject, wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a structural engineer type person experienced in the drainage and groundworks field and who, crucially, has knowledge of older buildings - rather than just being able to explain to me what current building code would say on a subject.

Last edited by 1895BrickConversion on Thu 13th May, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posts: 1121
Joined: Wed 18th Sep, 2013 6:21 pm
Location: Bedford UK

Re: Structural Engineer (Groundworks) Recommendation

Post by malcolm » Thu 13th May, 2021 7:35 pm

I've been up against structural engineers recommending new 2m deep foundations when I wanted to move an opening a little to the side. I don't bother with them now for the work I'm doing. Just do something sensible instead.

What is it you want to build?

Posts: 67
Joined: Mon 18th Feb, 2019 4:25 pm

Re: Structural Engineer (Drainage / Groundworks) Recommendation

Post by george2019 » Mon 17th May, 2021 11:52 am

Whereabouts in the country are you?

Drainage design hasn't really changed much in the last 1000 years, just the amount we need and the materials.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RBailey and 11 guests