Posts that had pictures of traditional paint schemes

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

1895BrickConversion

Posts that had pictures of traditional paint schemes

Post by 1895BrickConversion » Wed 9th Feb, 2022 8:54 pm

Some time ago I recall links to a thread or two where a member had done some really lovely interior decorating using traditional colour pallets.

I have scrolled back a couple of years and can not find them again. I suspect this is because they were linked from within another thread the title of which doesn't obviously suggest they would be there.

Can anyone help me find them. I recall one was of someone's ceiling primarily, and other hand a landing, another was someone's sitting room.

Hoping someone recalls the thread and can post it up. And/or if someone has links to things they think I'd be interested in (am seeking inspiration), again please post that up.

Many thanks
Steve

RBailey

Re: Posts that had pictures of traditional paint schemes

Post by RBailey » Fri 11th Feb, 2022 2:13 pm

Sorry, no direct answer ... but I did come across this traditional Georgian pallet in a 'old' book on Georgian design.

Thought it might be of some interest.

(Hopefully the colours / text are readable, if not shout.)

Cheers,
Richard B.

LadyArowana

Post by LadyArowana » Fri 11th Feb, 2022 7:49 pm

There was a thread called “Making a Georgian-style print room” by JoceAndChris? Joce used to post a lot and did traditional style in her Georgian G2 cottage

pip&mims

Post by pip&mims » Fri 11th Feb, 2022 11:45 pm

I immediately thought of Joce, too, Lady A..or perhaps Nigel Watts? He also did some gorgeous decorating schemes in his London house, I recall.....

Quite coincidentally, I see his name has just cropped up on another thread regarding *copperas lime wash* 😉😀

Mims x