Limecrete floor

For discussions about topics related to Period Property in the UK

Moderators: Simon Wright, RobT

stretch

Limecrete floor

Post by stretch » Thu 27th May, 2021 5:49 pm

Has anyone on the forum had an estimate to have a limecrete floor laid.? Can't seem to find any cost from anyone here or on the net.

Thanks in advance

MatthewC

Re: Limecrete floor

Post by MatthewC » Fri 28th May, 2021 3:23 pm

You can get a cost for the materials if you ask a supplier (such as Mike Wye who I used) - all you need to know is the floor area. However, for the rest, I did it myself with a couple of lads on day rates (one of who did the actual laying and levelling). I think you would be very lucky to find someone to quote for the labour at a sensible cost, but perhaps things have improved since I did mine in 2011.

Matthew

stretch

Post by stretch » Fri 28th May, 2021 5:36 pm

Fortunately i am a plasterer with 30 years experience behind me. Just trying to see if it's worth getting on my knees again after 7 years of retirement. :)
Think i know the answer....!

the peanut

Post by the peanut » Mon 7th Jun, 2021 10:06 am

I'm having about 70sqm done at the moment.
Cost is roughly £150 sqm (200mm insulation - levelled, 100mm limecrete + edge insulation)

Kearn

Post by Kearn » Mon 7th Jun, 2021 5:31 pm

Speak to Ty Mawr and Mike Wye directly with the floor area and you’ll get a materials price pretty simply. When I last did one, Mike Wye were far more responsive, didn’t make errors and were noticeably cheaper also, so that’s where I bought my materials. Just my experience from a single purchase, but you’ll get an answer pretty fast…